NOTE: This has been superseded by TA Maps 2, which is available on the Windows Phone Marketplace.
TechAutos Maps is a basic Google Maps client for Windows Phone 7. It’s meant as a temporary solution until Google releases an official Maps application for WP7 but should nonetheless be useful for places where Bing’s map data is not the greatest.
- Scrollable/zoomable Google maps
- GPS location tracking
- GPS enable + sensitivity settings
- Smoothly restores last map view from state or isolated storage when app is restored
- Address / point-of-interest search
Download: Here (extract the XAP file inside)
Note: TechAutos assumes no liability for the use of this product or any components contained therein.
TA Maps is not on the Marketplace, so you need to install it by side-loading the XAP file:
- Your phone must be developer-unlocked (if you haven’t done this with ChevronWP7 already, you can get it here—it’s pretty simple)
- Install the Windows Phone 7 SDK
- Use the Application Deployment tool (Start -> Windows Phone Developer Tools -> Application Deployment) to install the TA Maps XAP file
UPDATE (12/9/2010): If you receive a message saying “TA Maps has been revoked by Microsoft,” it just means your phone has become re-locked. To fix the issue, unlock it again (and reload TA Maps if it was uninstalled).